Monday, November 10, 2008







All photos taken at Green Lake. Among other photos, there is Kathy having a quiet moment of contemplation; Kathy and me beside the lake; and Kathy out on a log. She has good balance. You would not find me out there!

Our first sight seeing stop was Green Lakes State park around noon. When you look at the pictures you may think the color is reflection from the trees. Trust me, it is no reflection and the pictures do not do the color justice. “Both Green Lake and Round Lake (a National Natural Landmark) are deep-water meromictic lakes, meaning that there is no fall and spring mixing of surface and bottom waters.” from Trail and Travel Notes, “Cycling the Erie Canal” book of maps. I highly recommend you go to this web site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lakes_State_Park to learn more. I had never heard of the Syracuse Channel or plunge pools. Good information explaining why the lakes are green. Kathy and I spent a lot of time here.

No comments: