Sunday, November 9, 2008



The gardens at Angel's Nest

We had a wonderful breakfast at Angels Nest—starting with fresh fruit and yogurt, followed by scrambled eggs (what did Mary put in the eggs that was so delicious?), bacon and sausage patties. Juice, coffee and tea, of course. No need to have anything more anywhere else.

The first time I talked to Mary on the phone I wanted to hug her. When we arrived at Angels Nest I really wanted to hug her. Angels Nest and Mary create such a peaceful energy. When I walked in I took a deep breath and let all my cares melt away. I felt at home. I did collect a wonderful hug before I left. I told Mary we must have been sisters in a past life. She didn’t disagree.

We headed out and got as far as Denny’s, where Kathy decided she needed a change of clothes to the warmer.

We went along South James Street because it looked like a safer route to the trail. As it turned out it was probably longer. At mile 2.33 we reached South James St. and Rte. 26 to get to the bike path. The map was unclear about picking up the stone dust path and I had that sinking feeling we had made another mistake. I spotted a man out in his yard and I asked him for directions. He told us we were headed in the right direction and would soon come to Reber Road and to take that. Kathy was ahead of me, so she found Reber first. As I came flying down Reber Rd., Kathy was herding a flock of wild turkeys. Wish I could have taken a picture of that! From the end of Reber Rd. we access the bike path again and will be on the stone dust for a couple miles before we hit paved pathway.

No comments: